Call for Breakout Sessions & Posters Submissions
Share your insights with campus in the 2023 Teaching & Learning Symposium – Fostering Belonging, Bridging Divides
Submission Deadline: January 31, 2023
UW–Madison has a long tradition of providing a high-quality, educational experience for students, inside and outside the classroom. Building upon that rich tradition, the 2023 Teaching and Learning Symposium will provide an opportunity to reflect upon our enduring values; discuss challenges and opportunities; and share innovations. Our theme this year, “Fostering Belonging, Bridging Divides,” places a focus on cultivating active and inclusive teaching practices, understanding and valuing students’ lived experiences, and building and sustaining welcoming learning environments.
We are seeking proposals from faculty, staff, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students for engaging presentations and posters that spotlight learning across campus. Proposals should specifically address one or more of the following topics:
- Knowing your students and creating a sense of belonging
- Leveraging campus partners for student success
- Inclusivity in the classroom, including engaging learners with sensitive topics and issues
- Enriching students’ Wisconsin Experience
- Student learning assessment/learning analytics
- Technology-enhanced learning
- Innovation in teaching
The symposium is scheduled as an in-person event; however, we are interested in hearing if your proposed session would be conducive to a hybrid format.
Breakout Session Details:
- Length: 50 minutes
- Requirements: Connect to the symposium theme, “Fostering Belonging and Bridging Divides,” and address one or more of the specific topics listed above; include clear plans for audience participation.
- Requirement: Connect to the symposium theme, “Fostering Belonging and Bridging Divides,” and address one or more of the specific topics listed above.
- Submission form
Questions about submitting? Email Sheila.Stoeckel@wisc.edu